Saturday, October 29, 2011

Moving

We are moving!  Even as I type those words... I still don't quite believe them.  We have been hoping and praying and trying to move ever since my husband secured a new job 67 miles away from home back in June.  It is all very complicated when you own a home that is worth significantly less than the mortgage you owe.  There have been many discouraging and frustrating moments... but an end is in sight.  With short sales, nothing is for sure until it's a done deal.  But we are optimistic that we will reach an agreement in the near future... optimistic enough to pick a moving date and start packing up everything we own.  It has been a long time coming.  It is exciting!  And it is a little scary and sad.  I can be a rather sentimental gal, so, yes, leaving the house that has been my home for the past 6 years is sad.  Our first house.  The place we watched transform from a dirt lot to a beautiful home.  The house I brought three newborns home to.  A house full of memories.  I am not a big fan of change, but I do realize that change is a good thing.  It keeps us from becoming complacent and overly secure in ourselves.  It forces us to turn to God and depend on him.  And it opens the door for growth and new adventures.  So as I pack up all our material possessions, I thank the Lord for what he has given and the home he has so graciously provided.  I also look ahead with anticipation... ready to create a new home for my family... and ready to make new memories.

Goodbye, old friend

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations and good luck on your move. Where are you moving to?

    ReplyDelete