Tuesday, May 29, 2012

We Are Expecting!

I have been anxious to share this news for awhile, and we are finally far enough along that we feel comfortable sharing...  We are expecting!  Unlike all of our other pregnancies, however, this one was not planned (so to speak).  I have always wanted at least four kids, but I had just assumed they would all be blue eyed like their Daddy and me.  A little less than a year ago, the Lord planted a seed in my heart.  Little did I know how that seed would take root and grow and change our family forever.  It is a long story (perhaps I will share more at another time), but the short version is that we are adopting!  This "paper pregnancy" has started with oodles of paperwork and will end with a flight to Ethiopia to pick up our newest son.  We are thrilled!  The timing of everything is still very much unknown.  We just had our home study done this past weekend and will hopefully be able to put together the remainder of our dossier by mid July.  Some time after that we would be ready to receive a referral for a specific child.  Adoptions are notoriously unpredictable, so this will certainly be a faith building adventure!

It is crazy to me how much has changed in the past year.  I had a plan... and this wasn't it.  The Lord patiently showed me that sometimes we have to give up our good plans in order to embrace His greater plans.  My husband and I don't just want to read the Word of God; we want to do what it says.  We want to be the hands and feet of Jesus bringing justice and mercy to a hurting world.  We want to see His Kingdom come on earth as it is in heaven.  It's a little scary sometimes, but I choose to trust the Lord.  We are rejoicing in the plans God has for our African son... and in the plans he has for our family.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so very excited for you, Ben and the big brother and sisters!!!!! I hope this 'pregnancy' goes smoothly and doesn't take too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and your family. I hope everything goes smoothly and that in a few months you'll be bringing your son home to his amazing new family. You truly are a kind and wonderful person. And I really admire you. Congrats again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news. Can't wait to hear updates and then, finally, to meet your new son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee!!! So glad the news is out, and I can't wait to meet my newest nephew! Praying for the process and for God's hand throughout. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete