Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hard News & Good Hands

I opened up my Bible this morning to John 14.

"Do not let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God: trust also in me (Jesus)."

It was a very timely Scripture for me.  It has been a difficult week for my family.  On Monday my mom had major abdominal surgery and was diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer.  Anyone who knows my family knows that we do not get over emotional about things.  Yet still... the stress and fears are present.  They weigh heavily.  There have been moments this week when I feel like I am doing just fine... and then I will suddenly realize that I am exhausted.  Grief can not be ignored.  It is hard to see my mom in pain.  It is almost as hard to be away from her, wondering how she is doing.

I continued reading John 14:27...

(Jesus says:) "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

It is just what I needed to hear.  I don't know how our family could walk this road without Jesus.  The work of God is already being displayed in this process.

And so, I will continue to pray.  I will continue to hope.  I will continue to trust the Lord who is rich in mercy and grace.  I love my mom so much... but our Savior loves her even more.  She is in good hands.

5 comments:

  1. What a difficult time for all of you. I hope that praying friends are able to somehow help carry the burden that weighs so heavily. We love you so much, and we love your precious mother too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words, Louisa. God's timing is as awesome as His "Living Words".Praise Him for His hands; Big enough to hold us all, tender enough to soothe us, and strong enough to carry us. Blessed to lift your family up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying. Believing. Standing. Holding tight to hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Louisa, somehow I missed this. Praying for you, your siblings and your parents for continued provision of peace. Praying for healing for your amazing mother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for grace, peace, and strength for all of you and for the Lord to continue to hold all of you in his strong hands.

    ReplyDelete